Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spruce Tree  (Read 1717 times)
Bobo
Green Thumb

Kudos: 16

« on: April 11, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »

Just wondering if anyone ordered the Norway Spruce Tree Kit. I didn't but i did order seeds online for a fraction of the cost. Im only wondering because its like there is no record of anyone growing them online anywhere.

SS 6 (Green Beans)
SS 6 (Mixed Romaine)
Veggie Pro (Seed Starter w/ Tomatoes,Mini peppers, Watermelon, Gold Berries"Cape Gooseberry")
Aerogarden Growers Community Forum
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »

Montymastiff
Sprout

Kudos: 0

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »

Just wondering if anyone ordered the Norway Spruce Tree Kit. I didn't but i did order seeds online for a fraction of the cost. Im only wondering because its like there is no record of anyone growing them online anywhere.

As a Norwegian, I thought this was a joke. These trees are literally everywhere in Norway. But it would be fun to see if someone managed to grow such a big tree in an Aerogarden! Bring it on!
Bobo
Green Thumb

Kudos: 16

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »

So... My non AG Norway spruce tree seeds arrive today from www.Australianseed.com I decided I was only going to try and grow 4 because I'm running low on sponges. When planting I only put 2-3seeds in each pod and they are growing in my Veggie Pro. As they start to grow I glog them In the glog thread.

SS 6 (Green Beans)
SS 6 (Mixed Romaine)
Veggie Pro (Seed Starter w/ Tomatoes,Mini peppers, Watermelon, Gold Berries"Cape Gooseberry")
hifilistener
Green Thumb

Kudos: 17

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:25:47 AM »

I ordered a kit before AeroGrow doubled the price (now $30 -- ouch).  They are very slow to germinate, and so far I have not seen any action as I approach two weeks.

I really like the idea of growing the trees in the AeroGarden, but with the high price I need to find a place to purchase a packet of seeds.
Tin Man
AeroGardener

Kudos: 39

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:51:03 PM »

I wonder if a mangrove would grow in an AG. People grow them in aquariums all the time. Except I can't think of the use for it. Also can't think of the use for an indoor spruce tree.

SS6 with Romaine kit.
bpsbrernie
Seed

Kudos: 2

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »

I only had 3 of the 7 germinate... but those 3 are doing pretty well...

* IMG_20120223_200939.jpg (1263.21 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 199 times.)
Corinne
Garden Hostess

Kudos: 373

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:46:05 AM »

This is the first I have seen of this kit as a project.  It seems to be doing very well.
Thanks for sharing.

and I quote:
"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
MY VERY FIRST AEROGARDEN PROJECT
http://www.labordaytomatoes.blogspot.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: