Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **NEW SEED KIT** :-D Giant Norway Spruce!!  (Read 2295 times)
Pixie Dust
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 32

Bringing Puerto Rico Home With Me :)

« on: March 13, 2011, 09:20:24 PM »

Go check it out on the AeroGarden website. Its available now.

Can't wait to see some of the more experienced AeroGardeners give this a try. Having your own Christmas tree out front would be neat! Just don't know about 7 of them!! LoL I guess they could be shared with friends and family. The extra little trees could be given away as gifts. What a great Christmas gift!

http://www.aerogarden.com/catalog/product/view/id/434/s/giant-norway-spruce-seed-kit/

Elena (Sofa King Banned myself from AG purchases!) Roll Eyes

14 AeroGardens going strong!
3 Herb/Tea Gardens, Salads, Green Beans, C.Toms, MC Toms, Bell Peppers, Aji Dulce Peppers & Cubenelle Peppers, Jalepeno Fire & Purple Peppers & Albion Strawberries
3 AG3's: Love Blooms, Petunias & Vincas
Aerogarden Growers Community Forum
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:20:24 PM »

Spirit Deer
Forum Resident

Kudos: 50

Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Minnesota

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:56:50 AM »

Makes perfect sense, when I think about it.  The US Forest Service plants trees in plugs similar to the AG plugs but bigger.  The seedling plugs are often given away up here for various events.  It's a way for the Forest Service to get trees planted without having to spend the money to do it, which is a good thing for taxpayers and the forest, too.  Loggers also plant plugs to replace trees that have been harvested.  Sometimes businesses buy plugs and give them away for special occasions.  So growing little trees in an AG is probably a similar process to what the big producers do, just on a smaller scale.

Rae and Fred

Space Saver 6 (black)
Two Classics (silver)
Two AG 3s (silver)
Three Veggie Pros (black)

Our Webshots
acanfield
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 83

Torrance, CA

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:17:40 AM »

I looked at the info on AG site.  They say they can stay up to 1 year in the AG.  I wonder if they would give off a wonderful aroma?

Anita
My Flickr Photos
Classic  (zinnias/gazania)
Pro 200 (Baby Belle peppers)
SS6 (zinnias/gazanias)
"The Aerogarden - where Science, Gardening, and Art coalesce"
"Pruning seems to hurt me more than my plants"
khaleas
AeroGardener

Kudos: 3

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:28:41 AM »

Don't know if I'd want to give up my AG for a year for some spruce. Norwegian spruce are wonderful though. I think the bigger problem is that spruce trees just don't do well in all areas of this country.

2x Classic 7
2x Extra 7
Elite 6
3x Classic 3
goodgal
Forum Resident

Kudos: 61

Life is good!

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »

Shocked Never thought about growing a tree in an AG... wonder if you can start a fruit tree as well?  Shocked

Sandi
three classic 7's -
Pro 200
mini ag 3  Tiny Tim Tomatoes
6 pod classic
alihawk
Green Thumb

Kudos: 5

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:32:30 AM »

I've been wanting to give this one a try, just something different... How cool would it be to grow Christmas tree presents for friends. I wonder if they somehow treat the seeds to encourage sprouting? That would be my only question with starting your own trees like fruit trees, but you know it'd be worth sacrificing a few pods when growing the spruce trees to see if you could let like a Lemon tree to start?!?!

Uh oh, I see an experiment brewing in my future  Wink

inuyashalover21
AeroGardener

Kudos: 14

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »

My wife would kill me LOL! She is allergic to pine trees but this would be an awesome kit to get. I have 4 empty classics and would not mind having one set up for this. Imagine buying this kit, growing the trees and then the second year sell them for $20-$40 for Christmas. you could make a profit Wink

5 - Aerogarden 7 classics (black)
1 - Aerogarden spacesaver 6 (black)
1- Aerogarden 6 pod classic (silver)
1- Aerogarden 3 pod (black)
Pixie Dust
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 32

Bringing Puerto Rico Home With Me :)

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »

I'm itching to buy this for Christmas presents for family members. Everyone here (fam & inlaws) owns their own property so this could really make a neat gift idea.

I'm wondering about the fruit trees myself! I'd l I've an apple free in the back yard! Cheesy or a cherry tree, so many ideas! Cheesy

(no Elena, you're banned. Remember? You swore on the bible! No AG anything for a month!) Yes conscious. I remember!

Elena (Sofa King Banned myself from AG purchases!) Roll Eyes

14 AeroGardens going strong!
3 Herb/Tea Gardens, Salads, Green Beans, C.Toms, MC Toms, Bell Peppers, Aji Dulce Peppers & Cubenelle Peppers, Jalepeno Fire & Purple Peppers & Albion Strawberries
3 AG3's: Love Blooms, Petunias & Vincas
hifilistener
Green Thumb

Kudos: 17

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 12:15:47 PM »

I heard about the Norway Spruce kit during the conference call, and it sounded like a great idea.  I have a kit on order, and once I get it going (likely in April), I'll report back.  The plan is to leave it in the garden for a year then plant the trees next Sprint (2012).
hifilistener
Green Thumb

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »

I looked at the info on AG site.  They say they can stay up to 1 year in the AG.

While they may be able to stay in the AG for a year, they only give you the standard quantity of fertilizer.  If you plan on a year, like I am, you will need to buy additional packets, or buy the bulk size when it becomes available again.

Larry
acanfield
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 83

Torrance, CA

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »

I sent them an Email asking if these had the great pine smell.  They answered that it's not too fragrant.   A strong fragrance would have made it easier for me to dedicate an AG for one year -- just to have the smell of the mountains in my kitchen.

Anita
My Flickr Photos
Classic  (zinnias/gazania)
Pro 200 (Baby Belle peppers)
SS6 (zinnias/gazanias)
"The Aerogarden - where Science, Gardening, and Art coalesce"
"Pruning seems to hurt me more than my plants"
Montymastiff
Sprout

Kudos: 0

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 12:30:25 AM »

I hope some of you will try this seed kit, cause it will be interesting to see the results in pictures Cheesy

Perhaps a stupid question; but where can one find the seed in a Norwegian Spruce? And does anyone know how many seeds to put in one pod?

Melissa in Michigan
Forum Resident

Kudos: 125

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »

I hope some of you will try this seed kit, cause it will be interesting to see the results in pictures Cheesy

Perhaps a stupid question; but where can one find the seed in a Norwegian Spruce? And does anyone know how many seeds to put in one pod?

I may be totally wrong here...  but, if I am not mistaken, the seeds to a spruce tree would be in the little pine cones!   Wink

AG Pro100 (X2) (?)/(?)
AG Pro200 (X3) Catnip/Herbs/Herbs
VeggiePro  Salad Burnet & Red Rubin Basil
AG 3 (X4) Lavender/Lavender/Lavender/(?)
AG SS6 (X4) Herbs/Herbs/ (?) / (?)
Emily's Garden - Arugula

Herbs: Various Basil, Chives, Thyme, Oregano, Dill, Savory, Parsley, Sage, and also Mesclun
Montymastiff
Sprout

Kudos: 0

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 03:50:35 AM »

I may be totally wrong here...  but, if I am not mistaken, the seeds to a spruce tree would be in the little pine cones!   Wink

Thanks  Smiley
hifilistener
Green Thumb

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:06 AM »

It looks like the seed kit 2-3 seeds per pod, but you are supposed to thin to one seedling.  The instructions say that you can pull the multiple sprouts out and plant them in a separate pot (which it what I plan on doing).
Bobo
Green Thumb

Kudos: 16

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »

what is the germination time that it says on the pod? i had mine going for awhile and they did nothing? and do they want you to soak them or are they just put in and grow???

SS 6 (Green Beans)
SS 6 (Mixed Romaine)
Veggie Pro (Seed Starter w/ Tomatoes,Mini peppers, Watermelon, Gold Berries"Cape Gooseberry")
hifilistener
Green Thumb

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »

My pods have no germination time listed; rather, they are the generic labels.  All of the seed kits I purchased recently have only had generic labels.

I'm guessing that it will take 2-3 weeks for germination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: