Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacment Pump  (Read 3042 times)
John J
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 77

McKinney Texas

« on: April 09, 2009, 03:52:48 AM »

I was working on something this past weekend and when I took it apart I found this pump. It looks like the same pump pictured in the AeroGrow document "How to Replace Pump". I believe there is also a white one being used now with the numbers on it?

From what I found out so far it is available in a Low Voltage (12V) version and 120V and 230V versions. I only have AG's with the air pump so do not know what is actually used in the AG's with the pumps.

If someone has a spare pump around and can list the specs on the label we can check if this is the same pump? You also might want to measure it for H x L x W.

This pump is H x L x W = 1" x 2" x 1.5"

* Pump.jpg (107.21 KB, 400x350 - viewed 363 times.)
Aerogarden Growers Community Forum
« on: April 09, 2009, 03:52:48 AM »

Ellen
Garden Hostess

Kudos: 150

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »

I have a spare. Looking for a ruler....

1 Deluxe, 2 Classics, 2 AG3's
Ellen
Garden Hostess

Kudos: 150

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 02:06:46 PM »

OK, across the top it measures just shy of 2 inches by 1 1/2 inches. Height is 1 1/4 inches.

Here are the specs from the pump label:
Model #100623
AC:12V/60Hz

Of course, this is Greek to me. I think the bigger issue would be that replacement pumps also have a wire out of the back of them which create the connection to the arm from the base which actually cycles it. Here are the pictures of what the actual pump looks like:

Front View:

Back View with the wire:

1 Deluxe, 2 Classics, 2 AG3's
John J
AeroGarden Addict

McKinney Texas

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:05:44 AM »

Thanks Ellen.

So it is the Low Voltage version. That is what I thought. Naturally AG had a different connector put on the wire. This pump has a connector on the wire that comes out of the pump and connects to another wire that is on the plug in wall transformer but I believe it is the same pump.

It is a Jebao (Zhongshan Zhennua Aquarium Accessories Co.) PP-333 Model. You can find these for as little as $11.00. It would probably work as a back up pump since AG seems to always be out of pumps. I checked again today and they are "Out of Stock".

As I mentioned, I do not have any AG6's or I would try it out but if someone out there tries this pump or a different replacement pump (Fountain Tech and Fountain Pro have similar pumps) please let us know.

FYI - These are the same type of pumps used in many brands of those small indoor fountains.

I guess that is it since I have no reason to continue to look for a replacement pump. Just thought I would post this when I had our indoor fountains apart and I saw these pumps.

shane arthur
Garden Host

Kudos: 252

Pasadena Texas

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 07:38:57 AM »

interesting stuff, thank you for posting about this.

Namaste,

Shane
Beth11
AeroGardener

Kudos: 9

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »

Do you happen to know the GPH on these pumps?

Thanks,
Beth
John J
AeroGarden Addict

McKinney Texas

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »

I believe it is 65 GPH Max. The spec is actually 250 L/hr. Also the actual dimensions are 49mm x 44mm x 32mm according to the manufacturer. Hope this info helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: