Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Walmart sell seed kits?  (Read 14191 times)
Vaulis
Seed

Kudos: 0

« on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »

Hello, I'm very new to aerogarden... My Friend gave me the classic as a gift on Friday.  It came with herb seeds, but I want to grow lettuce... Does anyone know if Walmart sells the seed kits?
Thanks...

Happy Growing,
~Vaulis
Aerogarden Growers Community Forum
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »

msopinionated
AeroGardener

Kudos: 9

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »

I haven't heard anyone say they've seen them there. Not sure where you live. In Canada they are available at Canadian Tire, that's where I purchased mine. People in the USA have mentioned Target, Amazon, Costco, etc.

Cynthia
Ellen
Garden Hostess

Kudos: 150

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »

Hello and welcome Vaulis!   Smiley

Seed kits for the 7 pod series have become a little more difficult to find in retail stores since the introduction of the AG6 line. I used to get mine from Bed Bath and Beyond, but since I started growing my own seeds, I have not been buying kits and don't know if they are still available there.

If you can't find them, check out the Bargain Bin section of the site and you might be able to find some there. You're going to enjoy your gift very much!

1 Deluxe, 2 Classics, 2 AG3's
kim marie turner
Forum Resident

Kudos: 33

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:28:22 PM »

welcome to the forum. you've come to the right place for info!

3 AG classics (1 lettuces, 1 herb, 1 assorted flowers) AG3 with assorted flowers
Vaulis
Seed

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »

Thanks so much for the information... I ended up finding the Salad kit at J.C. Penney.  I'm a happy camper and have began my happy little world of growing herbs and lettuce...
Wish me luck! Grin

Happy Growing,
~Vaulis
Colesy
Green Thumb

Kudos: 5

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:53:45 AM »

Welcome Vaulis!

Keep your growpods and recycle them to grow other seeds...7 pods are hard to find!!

AG 6 Elite + and a Classic

Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls
shane arthur
Garden Host

Kudos: 252

Pasadena Texas

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »

i have every 7 pod basket ive ever used. I just pull the plant out and its good to go after a good cleaning.

Namaste,

Shane
drdave501
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 54

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »

Smiley
    Hey there Vaulis,
      The answer is an unqualified yes.   Walmart does indeed sell the Aerogarden 7 pod seed kits but only on their online channel.  Here is a direct link to their offerings.  I hope this helps.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=aerogrow

My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view.  ~H. Fred Ale
Vaulis
Seed

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:55:51 PM »

Thanks DrDave...
I wish you'd seen this post on Sunday when I went looking... I got so frustrated and finally got a tip from my friend, "vgirl" that JC Penney had what I needed in the store.  I called JC and they did indeed have the salad seed kit... I'm on my way!  I cannot wait to share my pics with all of you.  I'm in wonder at the quickness of the sprouting.
Take care..

Happy Growing,
~Vaulis
jtfox247
AeroGardener

Kudos: 39

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »

I've never seen them in wall-mart and i looked in the kitchen isle and the gardening center. I dont think you'll find it i just buy my areogarden seed kits online.

Aerogardening is not a hobby but is an Art....... 

AG spacesaver 6 elite: gourmet Herbs
AG pro 200: Romaine
AG Deluxe:mega cherry tomatoes
AG3: viva la vinca
Spirit Deer
Forum Resident

Kudos: 50

Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Minnesota

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 05:46:57 AM »

Alternatively, you could also pull the herb seeds out of that kit's pods and put your own leaf lettuce seed in the pods.  The nutrient requirements are similar for lettuce and herbs, so you can just use the nutes that come with the herb kit.  Leaf lettuce seeds are readily available everywhere at this time of the year, and will be cheaper yet later in the season when stores start closing out their gardening supplies.

Rae and Fred

Space Saver 6 (black)
Two Classics (silver)
Two AG 3s (silver)
Three Veggie Pros (black)

Our Webshots
Grasshopper
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 67

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »

Considering this thread is over a year old, it is entirely possible that Walmart sold AG seed kits in store at that time.  Seed kits can currently be purchased on Walmart's website, www.walmart.com.
Acelim
Seed

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 12:16:52 AM »

Yes definitely, the Walmart sells seed kits. If you are tired to go to your local Walmart, you can check their site. And at the same time, you can buy kits in a less price than the other marketplace.

ocarolina
AeroGarden Guru

Kudos: 199

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 08:46:25 AM »

Maybe I am just dumb (possibility...) but I only saw 1 seed kit and no other items.  Plus, I know that ag is no longer selling to retailers - so it is probably an old seed kit...

Carolyn
1 ag pro200, 2 ag classics, 1 ag6, 1 ag3, 1 home built rig
Aggie91
AeroGardener

Kudos: 20

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »

Just checked. Search terms, "aerogrow" and "aerogarden" return 0 (zero) hits on Walmart's website.

Probably was hard to ensure consistent sprouting when you could not conrol the retail environment.

Andy.

AG Extra: Totem Tomato & AG Mini Pepper
White AG3: AG Love Blooms
Pink AG3: AG Pesto Basil
AG7: RESTING
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: