Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Aerogarden History...  (Read 7813 times)
PVtx
AeroGarden Addict

Kudos: 20

« on: February 09, 2008, 06:35:59 AM »

Here's the story in pictures  Cheesy The first four weeks are with well water... the subsequent two and a half are with city water. I skipped week 4 pictures, actually, because everything was dying.

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 5

week 6

This morning (6.5 weeks)

One classic, one deluxe, & one Elite-6+
Aerogardening since Christmas '07
Aerogarden Growers Community Forum
« on: February 09, 2008, 06:35:59 AM »

H2O
Admin

Kudos: 22

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:09:32 PM »

Your parsley and cilantro are rockin'! Cheesy Maybe it's a good thing that most of your herbs are bigger than your two basil plants because the basil grow like crazy. I found myself always having to trim my basil back so that the other herbs can catch up before I could raise my lights.

On my second garden with an AeroGarden Pro 100 - Since Dec. 2007
PVtx
AeroGarden Addict

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 07:46:06 AM »

I took some updated pictures! All of them are in my webshots album, but here is a selection of progress... and some from my deluxe Smiley

week 8

week 9.5 (this morning)

Tomato 4 days

Tomato 2 weeks

Tomato 3.5 weeks (this morning)

Pepper 2 weeks

Pepper 3.5 weeks (this morning)

The tomato is an Early Girl hybrid (determinate) and the peppers are hot cherry peppers. They're really doing great! My herbs are too... I need to eat more of them!!

H2O
Admin

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »

Looking good! This is the first garden that I've seen where the basils are not bigger than everything else. Your pictures are looking better. Have you been trying different things with your camera? Those Starbucks lids sure come in handy! Grin

PVtx
AeroGarden Addict

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »

Heh, yeah!  Cheesy The cilantro and parsley just won't give my basils an inch! I keep cutting them back, but they grow back with even more vigor!

Oh yeah... and the Starbucks lids are perfect  Wink They are exactly the right size, and the colors match the master gardener labels, LOL!  Grin

erenz
Sprout

Kudos: 2

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »

You're right those lids do match the labels. That's one hip garden you've got! Grin
H2O
Admin

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 07:36:35 AM »

Maybe the Starbucks lids could be considered an AeroGarden mod. I could start a hack and mods board and you can suggest that on that board. LOL  Grin

PVtx
AeroGarden Addict

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 07:04:20 AM »

LOL  Grin

Oh yes, and thanks for the camera tips! I still haven't quite figured out the iso settings, but the macro setting definitely makes a big difference! My iso choices seem to be high or auto... neither of which is what I want in this case  Undecided I'm still going to mess around with it some more, though.

Melissa
Sprout

Kudos: 1

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »

Thank you for putting those pictures on here. A picture is worth a thousand words alright. I'm going to order another Aero & try my luck at tomatoes too. What are the Starbuck's lids for? Are those empty spaces or other plants?
H2O
Admin

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »

I agree, you get so much more with photos, especially during the growth stage. I hope we get to see a lot more photos on here.

PVtx
AeroGarden Addict

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 04:12:04 AM »

Yes, I love to see everyone's pictures too!  Cheesy

The Starbucks lids are covering they empty spaces... they say you should keep the empty holes covered to prevent algae growth. Also, it's kind of loud without the covers because you can hear the water running all the time.

We just got back from vacation... and  Shocked are my tomatoes big!! I am going to take some new pictures tonight. I cannot believe the growth in just 10 days. Even better, my tomatoes and the bigger pepper plant have buds! They may even start blooming this week  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: